Saturday, June 9, 2012

happiness **FD and SKWAD**


This past Easter (2012) the boys had a number of egg hunts.  The first was just Brandon with some mommy friends, then Brandon again at his school, then the last 4 the boys had together.  On Good Friday we had two hunts, the first was with my First Colony Moms group.  We meet at the Sugar Lakes playground, spread over 500 eggs all around the grassy area, and then let the kids just go for it.  The largest picture is of the boys opening their eggs after that hunt.  I could not get a single good action shot of the hunt they were moving so fast.  The second hunt for the day was at Grandma Marty's house with their cousin Preston.  We drove straight from the FCM hunt out to Chappel Hill and spent the day.  The two smaller pictures are of the boys hunting for their eggs that Grandpa By hid (he hides them really well)!!



I used the wonderful Kit from Scrapbook Kits With a Difference to create my layout.  In this kit were wonderful papers from Crate Paper and tons of fun embellishments.  So with this kit I went in a different direction for colors and design for an Easter LO, I sometimes get bored of the same old pastel colors for our Easter pictures.  I also tried something a bit different for the border around the grid of pictures, I used faux stitching (just a straight pen line) and rub-ons to frame the pictures and papers.

I hope you can pop on by to Frosted Designs to play along with their stitching challenge this week.  I did something a bit different from the norm of faux stitching, i also used rub-ons that are not the typical look for stitching, I hope you can try it out!!

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...