Friday, February 15, 2013

Pinewood Derby

Morgan at his first Pinewood Derby for Cub scouts.  He got 2nd for the tigers and 6th overall.  Papa By helped him make the car since daddy was not home to help.  We got ti weighed and got it to exactly 5 oz.  Even Brandon got in the action and took one of daddy's old cars and ran it for fun at the derby.


 I really played with the ideas of funky layers with strips of paper and lots of random punching using my edge punches.  I punched over other punches, punched part way with the punches (did not have the paper fully in the punch).  I mostly just played and i was looking for a fun funky feel to the page.


Here you can see up close some of the fun layers I got with the punches.  I then used various mists in yellows and blues to color the chipboard and also to just spray the layout in general.

I used the negative space of the "tiger" paws (which are on the page in black chipboard) and used them as stencils to create paw tracks with gesso and then I sprayed them with mist.

Products Used
Cardstock - Kaisercraft
Patterned Paper - Basic grey
Chipboard - Other
Stickers - Momenta
Punches - EK and Martha Stewart
Mists/Inks/mediums - Ranger and Clearsnap
Found items - other

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...