Wednesday, March 26, 2014

my kids ***Just Imagine & Birds of a Feather Kit***

I took this picture right before my we went on our family vacation last summer - turned out to be more of a house hunting trip as 5 months later we had moved to where we vacationed.  I dressed all three kids in the same outfit, a yellow shirt from Canada from Grandma Elaine with orange shorts.  Probably one of the only times I will dress them so alike, so I had to take a picture of it - and low and behold they all smiled and were looking at the camera (Morgan 7, Brandon 3, Catherine 10 months).  A great start to our vacation.



Here I used Kreations punch 923 with insert A to created a border punch from Just Imagine Crafts.  I used it along the top and the bottom of the layout and backed the grey paper behind it so it shows a pop of color under the punch.


I also used the punch along the top side of the brown paper just above the picture for even more texture and dimension.  This punch is so versatile and fits any gender - not to girly or boyish, just a great geometric shape.
Here I played with the stencil from the March kit from Birds of a Feather Kit Co.  I traced the lines of the stencil with a black marker and used it for a journal tag.  I also used the acrylic parts from the kit that I had used alcohol ink on in my technique Tuesday seen below and added cardstock behind it and added a wood piece on top.

I love this little acrylic photo elements from Basic Grey in our March kit, they are just too cute!!  Sometimes I want to change the color or look of items, it just does not "fit" with the page or project I am working on.  Acrylic does not take color like paper or chipboard, so mists and most inks will not work on them, they just rub off, so this is where alcohol inks come into play.

Acrylic and Alcohol Ink Technique

1) Supplies - BG acrylic items, alcohol ink in color of your choice (I choose brown), small piece of felt.


2) Place a couple of drops - do not add to much a little goes a long way- on the acrylic.


3) Use your felt to smear it around, you can dab it, wipe it, just don't over do it or you will wipe it all off.


4) You can repeat steps 2 and 3 with another color for a complex look, or leave it a single color.
 

5) Enjoy your new color of acrylic!!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock - Birds of a Feather Kit - Bazzill
Patterned paper - Birds of a Feather Kit- Basic Grey and Bazzill
Wood - Birds of a Feather Kit - Freckled Fawn
Stencil - Birds of a Feather Kit - TCW
Acrylic - Birds of a Feather Kit - Basic Grey
Stickers (grey) - Birds of a Feather Kit - Basic Grey
Punch - Kreations
Ink/paint - Ranger
Pen - Faber Castell
Alpha letters (brown) - Thickers
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...