Friday, August 1, 2014

Anchored **Susan K. Weckeser & Just Imagine & Birds of a Feather**

While I was getting my undergrad degree I also was obtaining my Third Mate's License.  This meant I was going to to sea every summer on a training cruise to gain sea-time for my license.  We did everything, navigation, maintenance, cleaning, lines, laundry, classes, watch, and much much more. I loved going to to sea, but my final cruise was harder to leave as I was leaving behind my fiancee at the time.  This picture is of us just before the ship left and I was on stern line duty.  It was very bittersweet I loved the sea, but to be gone for 3 months just broke my heart.


I used the beautiful July Kit from Birds of a Feather.  It is stuffed full of wonderful sea life papers, just perfect for my days out at sea.  Here I used tons of layers of papers, of a canvas triangle, flowers, chipboard pinwheels, twine, stickers, burlap, stencils, punches, and a pull out tag.

July 2014 Extra Patterned Paper-authentique carta bella extra paper patterned july homeJuly 2014 Extra Embellishments 1-Embellishments Authentique stickers burlap ribbon July red white blue anchor
 

I made the tag base from Susan K. Weckesser papers.  I cut out a white section of her "Live in Color" cardstock.  I then added in the dotted lines with her stencil in navy chalk ink (to use as my lines for the journaling) and then stamped in silver ink the super sweet triangle pennant banner from the "Create your Day" set.  I then added n strips of papers in navy and white colors and topped it off with a sticker and twine for the pull out section.

http://www.susankweckesser.com/susan_k_weckesser_incproducts
http://www.susankweckesser.com/susan_k_weckesser_incproducts
http://www.susankweckesser.com/susan_k_weckesser_incproducts

The tag reads "Departing on my senior cruise.  I was working the lines.  It was so bittersweet to leave.  I loved being at sea, but it was so hard to leave Mike." 



Here you can see additional use of Susan K. Weckesser's stencil with the chain and the "x" in navy ink on the papers.  I used Kreaxion Punch 920 from Just imagine with the C insert.  I punched every corner of all the papers in the layers (except for the very bottom layer below the burlap).

http://www.justimaginecrafts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26_50&sort=2a&page=8

I used the same Kreaxions 920 punch all along the edges of the the layout with out any insert.  I only punched out the star shape, some complete stars, come partial.  I did this randomly around the entire perimeter of the layout on all 4 layers for tons of dimension and texture.  I also did "half way" punching of the stars to leave an imprint of the star shape but not punching it completely out, in a sense embossing it into the paper.  I then took navy chalk ink and rubbed it on top of the impression to make it pop off the page.  I used Susan K. Weckesser stamps again here, with the triangle banner from the "Create your day" set as seen above on the tag and also a larger stripped triangle from her "Celebrate the Simple Things" set going across the page behind the picture from the left side coming back out on the top right of the layout.

http://www.susankweckesser.com/susan_k_weckesser_incproducts
The wonderful news about being gone from your loved one is the is light at the end the tunnel - the heaert does grow fonder being apart.  We were back together again three months later (he even met me at one port of call during the trip) and now have 4 beautiful children together.

Supplies Used
Canvas - Canvas Corps
Stain - Ranger
Twine - American Crafts
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Adhesive - 3M
Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...